This car looked OK at first glance ,but a quick look underneath revealed previous rust “repairs”. Repairs is a word incorrectly used in this context though. Once I pulled the interior out it was obvious someone has simply welded loose parts of steel over the top of something…. That something was revealed once I used the plasma cutter to remove all the scrap that had been added.
Under the left front of the sill ,the fairly new paint is peeling off ,not a big problem as it’s all coming off.
The jack point is missing!.
The box under the front seat has rusted away from the floor.
Pic on the left shows the patches welded into the inside of the sill box ,Drivers side.
The inner edge of the sill was revealed ,once the patch was removed . The ragged edge of the steel is actually rust .The jack point is also missing on this side . The car is lacking in strength now which must be rectified before the outside of the sills can be repaired. This will include a new floor .
Floor turned out to be two layers,one welded over the other !! all this had to removed. Pic shows the rotten section from the drivers side floor.
All this will be removed .